Skip to content
At Edgars Creek Secondary College our values are:
- Respect Yourself – having regard for self in terms of physical, social and emotional health and wellbeing.
- Respect Others– Mutual Respect and acceptance of others, their property and their differences.
- Respect of Environment – recognising that we must act responsibly to maintain our world.
- Learn by maintaining a positive and curious mind while seeking out new knowledge and ideas.
- Acknowledge that learning extends beyond the classroom into the larger community and the world.
- Learning is an active process where students are challenged to solve problems and construct meaning in critical and creative ways with the support of passionate and committed teachers.
Aim to Innovate
- Encourage originality, enquiry, positive risk-taking, critical thinking and multiple means of expression in all members of the school community
- Use evolving technologies to support student engagement and teaching and learning
Look to Inspire yourself and others
- Pursue personal excellence in at least one area of school life – academic, leadership, community involvement, the arts, sport or extracurricular programs
- Displaying pride and satisfaction in individual achievement while encouraging others to do the same.
- To look to members of the school and global community for inspiration and motivation in how to achieve a positive and well-balanced life.
Student Expectations and Responsibilities
All Students should expect to:
- Be treated fairly and respectfully by all members of the school community
- Be safe and secure
- Have Stimulating teaching and learning
- Learn in the classroom without interruption
- Have a clean, ordered and safe learning environment
- Have equitable access to school programs regardless of gender and cultural background
- Express their views appropriately through the appropriate channels (e.g. House Leaders, School Council)
- Feel safe from discrimination, harassment or indoctrination.
- Receive ongoing communications, effective feedback about both classwork and behaviour, along with assessments and reports about their progress.
- Be at a school that has a commitment to zero tolerance of child abuse.
All students have the responsibility to:
- Come to school in correct uniform
- Bring equipment ready and prepared to learn
- Attend school 95 % of the time or more; be on time to school and all classes
- Remain at school in class for the whole day
- Participate in College programs that are offered appropriate to their year level
- Respect the right of others to learn and be willing to take on all learning opportunities
- Communicate clearly and honestly any issues of concern they have about their learning to an appropriate staff member
- Care for their own property/equipment and respect the property/equipment of other students and of the school
- Respect the individuality of others regardless of gender, religious and cultural background
- Use digital technology and electronic communication in a safe and respectful manner
- Respect their personal health and emotional wellbeing (and that of others).
Parent Expectations and Responsibilities
Parents should expect:
- That teachers show interest in and concern for the education and welfare of all students.
- To be consulted and informed of progress and other issues involving their child.
- To be provided with the opportunity for involvement in the School-based decision-making process.
- To be kept informed about School-related issues.
- The school has a commitment to zero tolerance of child abuse.
Parents have the responsibility:
- To encourage their child’s punctual attendance at School.
- To show an interest in their child’s school work, progress and home-study program.
- To provide a suitable learning environment at home.
- To encourage an awareness in their child of the importance of having a reasonable balance between school work, family responsibilities and other activities.
- To read all school circulars and forms of communication.